HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to The Sonic Forum, our fansite dedicated to Sonic the Hedgehog, gaming, and general chat. Forums, chatbox, and news about Sonic the Hedgehog, founded by members of The Sonic Community after its destruction. Join us, post, enjoy!

Site name, description, banner, etc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nuva500
Noob
Nuva500

Site name, description, banner, etc. - Page 2 Empty
Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Do we want a zone/area themed name or just a sonic-y name?
Back to top Go down
Mly
The Final Boss
Mly

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Ideally we want a name that someone could think "I want a place to discuss Sonic," and naturally think to Google.

How about, keeping it as simple and easy to find as possible, with, perhaps ...
"The Sonic Forum"
...?
Back to top Go down
Nuva500
Noob
Nuva500

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 pm

That's not already taken?
Back to top Go down
Comet Moth
Mod
Comet Moth

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Super Fun Happy Sonic Time with Kittens.
Back to top Go down
Sketch Style
Chief Sergeant Major of the Obvious
Sketch Style

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Mly wrote:
Ideally we want a name that someone could think "I want a place to discuss Sonic," and naturally think to Google.

How about, keeping it as simple and easy to find as possible, with, perhaps ...
"The Sonic Forum"
...?

Let's see here.

*Pulls out list containing sonic*

• Sonic Paradise
  • Sonic Island
  • Sonic Hideout
  • The Sonic Palace
  • The Sonic Zone
  • Sonic Boom
  • Sonic Stati--oh wait...
  • Sonic Square
  • The Sonic Plaza
  • Sonic City
  • Sonic Central(Since the old site is gone)
  • The Sonic Cave
  • The Sonic Village
  • Sonic's Suburbs
  • Sonic County
  • The Sonic Commun--oh wait...
  • The Sonic Theatre
  • Sonic Alley
  • Sonic Street
  • Sonic Avenue
  • The Sonic 500
  • The Sonic Stand
  • The Sonic Kingdom
  • The Sonic Arena
  • The Sonic Emporium
  • The Sonic Shelter(Badum-tish)
  • The Sonic Room
  • The Sonic Closet
  • Sonic's Backyard
  • The Sonic Treehouse
  • The Sonic Galaxy
  • The Sonic Forest
  • The Sonic Oasis
  • Sonic's Office
  • In Sonic's Bed
  • The Sonic Coffee Room
  • The Sonic Break Room
  • The Sonic Water Cooler

*Whew*

Should we go on?
Back to top Go down
Comet Moth
Mod
Comet Moth

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I like a whole bunch of those. "The Sonic Closet", "The Sonic Coffee Room", "The Sonic Room"...

How about "In a Cupboard and also there's Sonic"?
Or ...
"Gloveless Sonic"
Or ...
"The Forum in Sonic's Left Shoe"
I like that one.
Back to top Go down
Nuva500
Noob
Nuva500

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:52 pm

"The Sonic Boom: not a Street Fighter forum"?
Back to top Go down
Sketch Style
Sketch Style

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Comet Moth wrote:
I like a whole bunch of those. "The Sonic Closet", "The Sonic Coffee Room", "The Sonic Room"...

How about "In a Cupboard and also there's Sonic"?
Or ...
"Gloveless Sonic"
Or ...
"The Forum in Sonic's Left Shoe"
I like that one.

Those are genius! I've also thought about Sonic's Cabinet. Sonic's Bathroom, Sonic's Toilet, The Sonic Faucet, The Sonic Hot Tub, The Sonic Laundry Mat.
Back to top Go down
Mly
The Final Boss
Mly

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:14 pm

@Nuva: I don't know. If it is, I for one am not keen on tolerating a repeat of that "The Sonic Family" fiasco that happened back when TSC held the same name. If someone were to march in here whining about a coincidentally shared name, they would meet the same fate as any raiders sent by Lan: a fucking grim one.

@Sketch, re: "oh wait" entries: TSC is a big ol' crater, and in good time TSS will be somewhere between that and an abandoned no man's land. And just as well, what I said above applies to any name "theft." Every Sonic-themed site name no doubt uses Sonic-related intellectual property in the name; technically speaking everyone is stealing their names from Sega. And the only one who has any real power to do jack, -- the body of Sega itself -- doesn't care. Raiders can be shot down in all of five second's work, in all but the most severe cases. In the most severe cases, let's call it five minutes tops.
Back to top Go down
Sketch Style
Sketch Style

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Mly wrote:
@Sketch, re: "oh wait" entries: TSC is a big ol' crater, and in good time TSS will be somewhere between that and an abandoned no man's land. And just as well, what I said above applies to any name "theft." Every Sonic-themed site name no doubt uses Sonic-related intellectual property in the name; technically speaking everyone is stealing their names from Sega. And the only one who has any real power to do jack, -- the body of Sega itself -- doesn't care. Raiders can be shot down in all of five second's work, in all but the most severe cases. In the most severe cases, let's call it five minutes tops.

No need to clarify, I'm aware. The "oh wait.." entries were just kidding. Frankly, I'd like to know if any of the names appeal to you.
Back to top Go down
Mly
The Final Boss
Mly

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:46 pm

I don't give the slightest minute fraction of a crap about the name, really. It's the SEO value that I'm shooting for. If people searched "The Mlytorium," particularly with a causal link to Sonic, and nobody thought me an egomaniac for that name, I doubt I or anyone would be discussing this. Really, did anyone care about TSC's name? TSC was what it was, TM will be what it will be.
Back to top Go down
Sketch Style
Sketch Style

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Mly wrote:
I don't give the slightest minute fraction of a crap about the name, really. It's the SEO value that I'm shooting for. If people searched "The Mlytorium," particularly with a causal link to Sonic, and nobody thought me an egomaniac for that name, I doubt I or anyone would be discussing this. Really, did anyone care about TSC's name? TSC was what it was, TM will be what it will be.

Then whatever, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mly
The Final Boss
Mly

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 am

Welp. I think it's time to make a decision.

This site is now called The Sonic Forum. A bunch of stuff needs updating to reflect this, but it seems we're well on our way already.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Swirsky
Automatic Terror Machine
Chuck Swirsky

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:59 am

Make sure you edit the header and footer accordingly, along with the meta tags. cheers
Back to top Go down
SS84
Mod
SS84

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I could help with designs if needed.
If not then whatever, less work for me I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Mly
The Final Boss
Mly

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Yeah, we definitely need to change the theme to some degree. At least change the banner. Someone clicks "The Sonic Forum" in Google results and they get "The Mlytorium" plastered across the top of the front page in a horribly shitty banner like that, they're gonna be confused, and probably not gonna stay. Everything else is secondary, design-wise, because the banner is what will get the message across the moment people open this site.
Back to top Go down
HushimoHD
Nooblet
HushimoHD

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm

I created a banner. I went down a different route. If you don't like it, fair enough.

Check the archives on the CBox. There is a link to it there.
Back to top Go down
Sketch Style
Sketch Style

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:58 pm

HushimoHD wrote:
I created a banner. I went down a different route. If you don't like it, fair enough.

Check the archives on the CBox. There is a link to it there.

Hush, go ahead and post the link here. It might be an idea to use the prototype so the banner doesn't say "Mlytorium."
Back to top Go down
Mly
The Final Boss
Mly

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:00 pm

http://tinyurl.com/ca8yaxq

^ Yeah, that's not exactly a good fit for the theme. I'd change the theme up if there were much call for it, but most people here seem to like the way it is right now, which means we need banners and such to fit it.

ETA: @Sketch: Nuva was working on a banner, I asked him to over Steam. Hoping his will be more theme-compliant. Or that he'll show anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Sketch Style
Sketch Style

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Mly wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/ca8yaxq

^ Yeah, that's not exactly a good fit for the theme. I'd change the theme up if there were much call for it, but most people here seem to like the way it is right now, which means we need banners and such to fit it.

ETA: @Sketch: Nuva was working on a banner, I asked him to over Steam. Hoping his will be more theme-compliant. Or that he'll show anything at all.

Hopefully it can follow through soon. Calling a place "The Sonic Forum" and then have a banner that says "The Mlytorium" is like saying:

Back to top Go down
HushimoHD
Nooblet
HushimoHD

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:24 am

No worries...I will go back to my original idea then and design the banner based on the opening title to the levels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Subject: Re: Site name, description, banner, etc.Posted at: 

Back to top Go down

Site name, description, banner, etc.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2