HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to The Sonic Forum, our fansite dedicated to Sonic the Hedgehog, gaming, and general chat. Forums, chatbox, and news about Sonic the Hedgehog, founded by members of The Sonic Community after its destruction. Join us, post, enjoy!

Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mly
The Final Boss
Mly

Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide. Empty
Subject: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 am

So, long story short: pretty much nobody has their screen resolution set to 800x600 any more, so I upped the site's width to 1,000 995 pixels, which fits the most common resolution people use these days.

This is technically a trial. If it so happens that we're a community of 800x600'ers and nobody told me, everyone yell at me so I know to change it back.

And we have a banner that actually fits our site's theme now, courtesy of HushimoHD. Dankeschön, HD.

Last edited by Mly on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HushimoHD
Nooblet
HushimoHD

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 am

Sie sind herzlich willkommen, Sir. Alles in die Arbeit eines Tages.
Back to top Go down
Agent Robotnik
Nooblet
Agent Robotnik

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:18 am

I have a screen that is 1360x768! So no, don't worry about 800x600 users. They should be long gone by now. Even the slowest of computers come with 1360x768 monitors. That should do it, Sonic Forums HD!
Back to top Go down
Mly
The Final Boss
Mly

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 am

I just reduced it to 995. The horizontal scroll bar is the bane of the average internet user's existence.
Back to top Go down
Sir Schnickel of Fritz
Community Mentalgen
Sir Schnickel of Fritz

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Das banner ist sehr schoen, HD. Es macht mir glucklich.
Back to top Go down
HushimoHD
Nooblet
HushimoHD

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Und ein glückliches Schickey ist ein schönes Schnickey.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Swirsky
Automatic Terror Machine
Chuck Swirsky

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:04 pm

I am using 320x240, this site is sooo giant.

In reality I am using a resolution much larger than that and everything looks fine.
Back to top Go down
Sir Schnickel of Fritz
Community Mentalgen
Sir Schnickel of Fritz

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:01 am

HushimoHD wrote:
Und ein glückliches Schickey ist ein schönes Schnickey.
Ich weiss nicht ob ich kann schoen bin ... ach. Alle ist mir egal.
Back to top Go down
HushimoHD
Nooblet
HushimoHD

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:00 am

Aber Sie sollten kümmern, Herr Schickey. Und ich werde aufhören zu reden in Deutsch jetzt.
Back to top Go down
Comet Moth
Mod
Comet Moth

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:42 pm

I actually liked the thinner version because then I could do the split-screen thing and it fit perfectly within half my screen. But this is ok too, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Subject: Re: Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.Posted at: 

Back to top Go down

Don't panic! The site's supposed to be this wide.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Sonic Forum :: Site :: User Discussion-